The Maclay Home is one of the oldest structures still standing in the Mid-Missouri area. Built in 1858 as a young ladies seminary, it closed with the start of the Civil War. 

This three story, 17 room brick home was a permanent residence until about 1920.  Thereafter, it was used as a summer home by the Maclay descendants and was the setting for family reunions and several weddings.  Always, it was maintained with the original furnishings as a complete household.

In 1979, the home was added to the National Register of Historic Places, and in 1983 it was given to the "Friends of the Maclay Home, Inc." by the Maclay family.  This non-profit, tax-exempt organization now oversees the preservation and restoration of the Home.

The home is open for public tours from 2 to 4 p.m. the second and fourth Sundays from May through October. Tours are also conducted during the various local festivities. 

Cost of the tour:

Adults: $10

Children younger than 12: $5


Phone (660) 433-2068.

TIPTON, MISSOURI — MACLAY HOME

Chamber_Directory.html

Website sponsored by:

Copyright 2015, IMIG Marketing

Our HistoryHistory.html
Our CommunityCommunity.html
Chamber DirectoryChamber_Directory.html